Monday, December 3, 2007

Sports But Mostly Hockey

Since being married, I've watched almost 100% more sports. I went to a few football games in college, but the Idaho State Bangels haven't enjoyed the successes of other schools so the enthusiasim for sporting events didn't translate too well with me. When Chris and I were dating, I worked a lot and usually got off after most sporting events were over. Once we got married, though, I felt the full effect of a true sports enthuisist. We didn't have cable for the first year of our marriage, but Chris still managed to find some sort of sport to watch all day all weekend. That's fine most of the time. I like watching him get worked up about something and I like to tease him about belonging to 3 fantasy football leagues. I also like the fact that he likes hockey and that he was able to recruit me for his favorite team, the Washington Capitals. He liked the Caps long before we moved to DC, so he was extra excited when we moved close enough to go to their games just after the year long strike. I watched my very first game with Chris at opening day in October of 2005 and have loved it ever since. There are so many things that I like about the game, that I'm not going to go too deeply into them here. What I would like to say is that as most of you soon to graduate law students have done, Chris and I have made plans for when we move back to Salt Lake, a few of which involve my sisters. We're all very excited to be reunited after three years of law school. However, I told Jeaneah and Jennifer that if the Caps do well, we may be home a little bit later than we had anticipated because we would have to stay in DC until after the playoffs. I told them this after the first few games when we had won our first three games in a row. After that, we've lost so many that now the Caps are in last place. So what I would like to say is, Jeaneah and Jennifer, stop praying for my team to lose! You've done enough! (of course this is just a joke)

No comments: