Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Way You Wear Your Hat

When Chris and I were planning our wedding, we agreed that low key was the best idea. I’m not good at being the center of attention and Chris doesn’t like worrying about things that aren’t going to matter in the long run. Thus, we decided to forgo most of the traditional wedding things. I don’t want to outrage any cute little brides out there, so I won’t say much about what we thought was unnecessary or what we did only because our parents really wanted us too, but I will say something about Our Song. Chris doesn’t dance. He knows what his limitations are and he considers dancing to be one of them. I’m sure “it’s stupid” also falls into category of why he doesn’t dance (I used to love to go dancing with my sisters, but haven’t done it in ages). Thus, when we were planning the wedding, I tentatively asked Chris if he wanted to have a song, Our Song. I’m sure that he doesn’t remember, but he said that he liked the song “They Can’t Take That Away From Me” by Frank Sinatra. We had listened to some Frank on the way to visit my parents the weekend we got engaged and I guess that had stuck with him more than any other song. In the end, it didn’t matter, because we didn’t have to dance, but I was pleasantly surprised. I am a big Sinatra fan and that song is one of my favorites. For those of you who haven’t heard it, it’s about the little things that make someone special. Why am I writing about this now? I was exercising the other day and that song came up on my ipod, and I realized that I thought of it as Chris and my song. Ah, memories!

1 comment:

Chris M. G said...

There is no limitation involved, I know I could dance like a madman if I wanted to, but it's stupid.