Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas with the Chris Glausers


Chris and I celebrated Christmas in Washington DC this year, without any family near. This was a first for us, the first two years of our marriage we spent the holiday with either Chris’ or my family. This year, I didn’t have quite enough time off to make it possible to fly back to Salt Lake and still retain some semblance of sanity. It was a lovely little Christmas anyway. It would have been nice to be around family, without a doubt, but it was nice to relax and not have to worry about flights and packing and rides to and from the airport. Chris and I went to a movie on Christmas Eve (National Treasure II. I thought it was pretty good even though the acting and the writing were hardly Oscar worthy. It gave us a chance to see Chris’ evil twin again. I was supposed to have had to work on Christmas Eve, but at our Christmas Party, they announced that we were all getting it off. Had I known a little earlier, we could have made it back to Salt Lake after all. Oh well). We also had some good food and watched It’s a Wonderful Life which is one of my favorite Christmas movies. On Christmas morning, we opened presents, of course, but we also called both our families and wished them a merry Christmas. I then proceeded to make some New Zealand dessert while Chris expressed his violent outrage that there were no football games on our basic cable channels (just kidding, can anyone out there imagine Chris with violent outrage? Ha ha ha. It was more like mild irritation). Then we went to some friend’s house for dinner. It was a nice evening with our friends, some old and some new, and their children (thank you Reddingtons). All in all, it was a nice Christmas, but I definitely look forward to next year when we will be with family.

No comments: