Thursday, October 2, 2008

Necessity Is The Mother Of Buying A Car

I suppose that it’s not technically necessity, but I really wanted one. For the three years of our marriage, Chris and I have shared a car (and had some bad luck with the one we shared. We went through three different cars our first three years). Sharing a car was fine because Chris would very happily take the bus, which went from right outside our building to a block or two away from the school, to school while I drove the car to work. That worked out fine and we never had a problem. Now that we’re back in Salt Lake, we’ve found that that won’t work. Chris works down town and I work in Sugar House. Chris is able to take me in to work on his way to work, but he gets off an hour and a half after I do, so there’s no way for him to come get me unless I want to spend a lot of extra time at the college. So I walk home. It’s only about 2 and a half miles, which is fine because the walking is about the only exercise I’m getting these days. However, I hate being cold, and I do mean Hate. Thus, we bought another car so that I could sit snugly in a warm dry place instead of trudging the long lonely road to our house. Right now, as it’s still warm, I still walk home three days a week, but come winter, I’ll be cruising home in style.

No comments: