Sunday, October 12, 2008

Too Far Away

Hockey season has officially started. I love hockey, but this year, everything that we have been watching in connection with hockey has almost been torture. We have moved away from our team and have to watch everything on television and everything we see reminds me that we will not be watching live games this season. We have the center ice package with our cable package, so we do get to see all the games, but nothing matches a live experience. I can't help but wonder who is lucky enough to be sitting in the seats that Chris and I had exclusively to ourselves for two years, what free prizes we are not going to get by arriving at the rink a couple of hours early as we usually did, and other things of that nature. There were so many things that made being a hockey season ticket holder one of the best experiences that we had while we were living in the east and I can't help but be a little melancholy that we will not be having those experiences this year. Does anyone have any advice on how to get over these I'm-far-away-from-my-hockey-team blues?

2 comments:

Reddington Clan said...

You guys are definately too far away...If you ever feel like visiting and don't mind a few crazy kids hanging around, you are always welcome!!

Unknown said...

The Caps need you guys back in your seats this year....they are not the same without you!