Wednesday, July 2, 2008

New Beginnings

It's official, I got a job! I am so excited about being done with the job search. I am going to be working as an assistant to the Dean of Arts and Sciences at Westminster College. It's exciting for me because the Dean is over the English department, which is what I studied in college which means that I'm almost going to be working in my field...almost. It's also exciting because it means that I don't have to go to any more interviews. I've been to three interviews since I started applying for jobs and found them to be the most harrowing experiences. An interview is the only social occasion where it's acceptable for people to sit and judge you, which is horrible. But it's over, and I couldn't be happier.

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Congrats on the job. Hope you enjoy it. By the way, do you know Kamey's email address?

Kamey V said...

Congratulations!!!! I am happy for you!! We will be in Salt Lake on the weekend of your birthday. We were there last weekend, but I didn't have your number, so I couldn't call you. My in-laws are going to be there, so we are going to have a little birthday party for Makeila. The only thing is it is on your birthday. You are sure invited to it!!! I'll let you know when and where!! Shanna, my e-mail address is kamicankvr@hotmail.com!!