Friday, July 11, 2008

I Say She Shall

While Chris and I lived in DC, we missed all kinds of activities that our familys participated in. We missed out on the bowling league, the Glauser family cruise, and other things. One thing that I was sad to miss was the first annual trip down to the Shakespeare festival with my mother and sisters. I didn't have to miss out this year, which was great. We went down on Monday and saw four plays. We saw The Taming of the Shrew, Cyrano De Bergerac, Fiddler on the Roof, and Othello. It was great! My mother and I both studied English in college and both have a love of great literature including Shakespeare. There is nothing quite like seeing a great play performed live. My favorite play that we saw was Cyrano De Bergerac. It was so well performed and the story was wonderfully written. All the other plays were wonderful, although I was the tiniest bit disappointed at how the actor chose to play Iago in Othello. I was hoping that the character would be a bit sneakier, a bit craftier. I know that it's hard to emote sneakiness on stage, since most actions have to be exaggerated so that the entire audience can understand what's going on, so I wasn't too disappointed, just a bit. All in all it was a great week. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris and Jaimie! Just found your blog. Sounds like you are having fun back in Utah! JEALOUS! Chris, good luck these last few days for bar prep!