Saturday, July 5, 2008

Waffle Run 2008

Chris' mom is a healthy althletic woman. She's also a lot of fun. For the fourth of July, she wanted to do something for her sons and all their friends, so she organized a 5k run and a waffle breakfast and called it the Waffle Run. She had tee-shirts and a banner and hats and the waffles were excellent. We started at 9 in the morning with the run. There were about 30 people there. Chris and I have been training for it for quite a while, yes training for a 5k. I'm totally out of shape and it took me a long time to work up to a 5k. Anyway, we ran it in pretty good time and I was the second girl to cross the finish line, which I'm completely proud of. After the run, everyone went into the house to enjoy breakfast and we all sat around and talked for a while. It was so fun! Chris and I had a few friends there, we were able to get a picture with all of us proud in our shirts.

No comments: