Thursday, May 22, 2008

Midnight Madness, No Sports Involved

Last night, Chris and I went to a midnight movie. It was the first time that I had done so since college when I, Jeaneah, Megan, Rachel, and sometime Angela would see the midnight movie once or twice a month. The theater back then only charged a dollar to see a slightly older movie at midnight, and it was the perfect way to wrap up a busy Friday night. Going to the midnight movie last night brought up some fond memories. I wish that I could say that it was worth it. I'm sad to say that the movie we went to was a huge disappointment. We went to the see the new Indiana Jones movie for a friend's birthday and we were very excited to see it, being big fans of the previous three. However, the movie was poorly done and seemed to rely more on the reputation of the Indiana Jones series rather than plot or dialogue. There were plenty of inconsistencies within the movie, plenty of sad and overused clichés, and the plot was thin and clearly a nod to the directors fetish for aliens. It made me sad for the actors who definitely should have known better, and for the institution of Indiana Jones which would defintely have been better off if no such project had ever been considered, and for Chris and me who lost out on some much needed sleep.

No comments: