Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Cutler Graduation

This past week, I was able to go down to Nevada to see my family and watch one of my brothers graduate from High School. It was great. I haven't seen my family in quite a while, over a year, so going down to see them was fun. Chris had bar classes and then had a wedding to go to in Atlanta, so he didn't come with me, which was a little strange. We've only been apart for days at a time once before in our marriage and it's not something that I want to repeat too often. Anyway, I drove down to see my family with my older sister, jeaneah. This is a picture of her and me getting ready to go to the graduation.

She's one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen up close and when we were younger, I was continually wishing that I could be her. We've been pretty close our entire lives, we lived togeather in college and after college and it was hard living so far away from her for two and a half years. But now we're back and it's like I never left.

I was pretty excited about this next picture. I finally figured out how to work the black and white feature on my camera and was able to take a few like that. This is a picture of Jeaneah and me with the graduate, Joseph. He's a very tall young man, reaching up to over 6'4". We were able to go to an awards ceremony and watch him receive quite a few awards and scolarships, which was nice and then we were there to see him graduate with the other 14 members of his class. Yes, there were only 15 people in his graduating class. And I thought that my class was small.

This next picture is of Jeaneah and me with my grandparents. I had been told that they were going to be at a different graduation that night and that they wouldn't be there for me to visit with, so imagine my surprise when they showed up at the house a couple of hours before the graduation! It was great to see them and I think that they're one of the cutest couples I've ever seen. I hope that Chris and I are that cute when we're older.

This last picture is one of me and my youngest brother, Jordan. He's the baby of the family, and pretty soon will be the last child at home, which is quite a feat for my parents who had seven at home at one point. He's a very funny guy and is now taller than me, which is a little depressing. He's getting to be quite a charismatic fellow.
It was so great to see everyone and am already looking forward to going back for Jordan's graduation, although of course I'll be going back before then just to visit.
Revised
Due to a comment who I'm sure was my mother, I need to add a little to this post. My mother spoke at the graduation. She did a wonderful job. She was able to get to know all of the students individually and was able to talk about each one of them. She was funny and inspirational and I want to be just like her when I grow up. Thank you.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Your family is so darling. I love seeing pictures of them. So good to hear that things are going well for you guys!

Kamey V said...

I can't believe that Joseph graduated and Jordan is that old. That is so crazy to me. I'm glad that you got to see your family. Tell them hi for me when you talk to them next!!

Kamey V said...

I can't believe that Joseph graduated and Jordan is that old. That is so crazy to me. I'm glad that you got to see your family. Tell them hi for me when you talk to them next!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't say anything about your mother's amazing graduation speech!!!!!