Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Weekend

In our endless quest to get as many things done before we leave as we can, Chris and I are having to pick up the pace. Amazing though it may seem, Chris and I have put some things off until the last minute. I know what you're thinking, "Chris and Jaime procrastinate? Impossible!" But it's true. Over the past couple of days, we've been trying to do and see some things here in the area that we've wanted to see, but just haven't gotten around to. On Friday, we finally went to a National's Baseball game in the new stadium. It was great. The team won the game with a walk off home run, the new stadium was beautiful and we weren't even accosted as we walked back to our car through a rather sketchy neighborhood. On Saturday, we went with the Woodburys to Gettysburg. We rented a van so that we could all drive there together and spent the day driving to all the interesting civil war spots. Having studied some about the civil war, it was very interesting. There were some incongruities between what I had pictured the site to be and what they were in reality. For example, I had imagined Little Round Top too be a large hill, but it was much smaller. Also at Devil's Den, I would never have imagined that one day it would be a hang out for teenagers. It was a little disappointing to see people with blankets spread out along the boulders, boys walking around without their shirts on, and teens with guitars loitering at a spot where men died fighting for their rights and freedoms. I expected a little more respect for the area, but what do I know. Beside those things, it was a nice trip. The little Woodburys were really cute and extremely well behaved, and the weather was beautiful all day until the drive home when it started raining. Having visited Gettysburg and the new Nationals Park, Chris and I are paring down of list of things to do before we leave and we hope that we can finish before we start our move back on the 10th.

3 comments:

Shanna said...

I looks like you guys had fun. I can't believe you are leaving so soon and we never got together! Well, I hope you have a safe trip back to Utah.

Erica said...

How fun! I love the pictures! You guys are so cute!

Erica said...

Oh PS - Jamie I LOVE the short hair. It looks so good on you!