Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Business In The Front Party In The Back

Oh yes, I have been known to eat my words. I have the tendency to say things without thinking them through all the way and later regretting them. This time, I did think through the situation a little and thought that I would be okay, but I was definitely wrong. Just look at these pictures and you will of course realize that I’m talking about the deal Chris and I made about his hair. I agreed to let him cut his hair in that most despicable of all hairstyles, the mullet, if the Caps made it into the playoffs. I don’t know how the world in general feels about this abominable hairstyle, but I am definitely against and Chris is definitely on the “got to support the team” side of the question. When I agreed to let him do this to himself, the Caps were in dead last place in the NHL and I didn’t think there was going to be any chance for them to come back. Little did I know then that a change in coaching would make all the difference. I also didn’t know that I was going to be the unlucky one who was going to have to make my husband mildly less attractive. But, I am a girl of my word, so on Thursday night, in front of a high school buddy of Chris’ who was visiting, I pulled out the clippers and committed that atrocity. Not knowing much about how to cut a mullet, I had to improvise and what came out was not a classy (for the mullet) understated mullet. Oh no, it was a dirty dirty mullet. And, we didn’t just snap a few pictures and fix it right away. He walked around all weekend like that. We walked all over DC, going to museums and Arlington Cemetery and Chris was stared at every step of the way, especially by his high school buddy who would break out into a laugh every time he looked at Chris’ hair. Going to the game in his mullet was probably the highlight of his weekend, although he did have to make a very difficult decision about whether he should proudly display his loyalty to the team or wear the hat that he had worn to all of the past games that the Caps had won, keeping up the streak. In the end, I think hat won out, but I’m sure that going to the game with the epitome of the hockey haircut was a proud moment for him. Thankfully, Chris has a job where he has to look somewhat professional, so the mullet had to go, which is good, because that thing had definitely worn out its welcome (if it was ever welcome in the first place).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janelle said...

So awesome! We've been watching the Caps with you guys in mind! Fingers are crossed...