Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Bit Of This, A Bit Of That

Our Capitals lost last night. It was an exciting game and our players were in it until the final goal. Chris says that there is no more exciting sports event than game 7 overtime playoff hockey, and I might agree with him (though I haven’t been much of a sports watcher except for hockey and might be a bit biased). After the Flyers had scored the final goal in sudden death hockey, Chris and I stood and cheered for our hockey team who had done so well the last half of the year, I was very sad knowing that that game could have been the last hockey game we’ll see in that building, and we had such a good time going to the games. Hockey has been our thing, we’ve been going to games since we first moved to DC and have been season ticket holders for two years and have enjoyed every minute of it. Now we’re going to have to find something else to do with our time. We are going to be season ticket holders for the Utes, but it isn’t going to be quite the same.
Today I officially turned in my two weeks notice. They all knew I was leaving before this because a friend at work who knew ratted me out, but I officially turned in my letter of resignation today. It was a nice feeling. It’s also a little strange because they are interviewing people today and I’m greeting and announcing the people who are going to be doing my job. I suppose I would be meeting them eventually anyway since I’ll need to show whoever is hired the basics of my job, but seeing everyone who comes in for an interview and then hearing who’s qualified and who isn’t and who wouldn’t fit in the position is kind of weird.
Chris is taking one of his last finals today. He doesn’t usually study too hard while I’m at home, which is nice for me and he said that he feels relatively well prepared for this first test, so I’m sure that he’ll do fine. He only has two more after that, one that is only for a pass/fail grade, so he’s feeling good about the end of his law school experience. This are wrapping up around here and we’re getting ready to start fresh in Salt Lake.

1 comment:

Kamey V said...

I'm so happy that you are moving back to the west. I've missed seeing you!!! You can finally see my little girl, Makeila. I hope everything goes well on your way back!! Good luck.