Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's Finally Here...Football Season

I’ve written about this on another blog at another time, but I had to put something about it here on my own. Chris loves football. He loves everything about it and I almost never see him as excited as when he talks about Fantasy Football. Last year he was the proud owner of three fantasy teams. He swore that he would only have one this year, and thus far has been able to control himself and is a member of only one league. Today is the first game of the season, for the football players as well as the fantasy players. Things will be a little different this year. I’m a little sad that both Chris and I are at work and I won’t get to see him skip merrily to the computer like a kid on Christmas morning to check on the status of his players, scores of the games, yards gained, touchdowns, field goals and whatever else is included in that favorite of all games. Also, now that we’re back in Salt Lake, the games will have already started by the time we get home from church, so there will be no time for the traditional Sunday nap before sitting down in front of the television for a good 8 hours of football watching. He’s actually going to miss a bit of the first games that are on, which I know irks him to no end, but, contrary to what he would like, he will not be skipping parts of Priesthood to watch kickoff. And I don’t care what his friend Eric says, there were no compromises made on how many days of church Chris is allowed to skip every year.

No comments: