Friday, February 29, 2008

Movies For One And All

Last night the JRCLSSA had their monthly girls night, and it was my turn to host with a good friend. I am not a good host, to say the very least. I get really nervous when a lot of people listen to me at one time and I hate being the center of attention. So of course when I was talking, I was babbling like and idiot and making asinine comments when I would be talking like a normal human being if I was talking to just one person. Anyway, everything seemed to go fine. Sarah and I decided to do our night on Movies, so we picked out some of our favorites and had everyone email their favorite movie quotes and it worked out pretty well. We had a nice mix of some fun contemporary movies and old favorites. My contribution was a mix of old stuff. I love old movies, old musicals and whatnot. The dialogue in old movies seem to me so much better because they couldn’t rely on special movie effects and people were always breaking out into spontaneous dance routines (yes I know “spontaneous dance routines” is contradictory which is why it’s usually pretty funny). I got a chance to talk a little bit about some of my favorite movies last night, and while I’m sure people just thought I was a little crazy, they had the chance to humor me for a little while and I would be thrilled if someone sat down and watched one of those movies on my recommendation. It was a fun night.

2 comments:

Lindi said...

Jaime, I had a blast and think you are an excellent host! You are full of such great ideas. Thanks for the fun night!

Lindsay said...

I wish you didn't think you said dumb things. In the almost three years I've known you, I've never thought that! You are so smart and I love to talk to you. I loved the movie night idea and I think it went great! I'm so glad you're moving back to Utah!