Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Curse Of The Rear-Ender

So I think that I must be cursed. I got rear-ended today on the way to work. This in and of itself is nothing to panic about, I wasn’t hurt, just a little shaken up, and the damage to the car was minimal compared to the three other cars involved. This can hardly constitute as a curse, right? I would agree if this was the first time, but this is the third time that I’ve been rear ended, the second time in our car that we bought just over a year ago! I was rear-ended three days before I met Chris (actually, I think that that accident was a part of the reason Chris and I got together in a weird sort of way). Then we were hit from behind on our way home from Church a month after we bought the car. It was snowy and the roads were slippery. Finally, I was hit today. I think that there must be magnets attached to me somewhere or a sign that says “Hit this car! Hit it hard, hit it often!” None of the accidents were my fault, but I think that there must be some sort of reason why accidents are following me around looking for the opportune moment. I think the only explanation is a curse. Someone hexed me, probably for cutting them off in traffic.

2 comments:

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

I hope you don't mind. Kamey gave me your blog info. That bites about your car. I'm glad no one was hurt. Are you still in DC? Check us out at beardallsfarm.blogspot.com.

Janelle said...

Bummer! That is totally bizarre to be rear-ended that many times in one year...