Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Man

I'm so lucky to have Chris. He is literally the only person in the world who could put up with me for as long as he has and he doesn't even seemed fazed! I've been pretty sick for the last week and and a half and Chris was so helpful and so kind to me the whole time. He went out and bought me four different kinds of medicine because he didn't know which kind I would like. One day after class, he stopped and bought me some soup. He did all the work around the house while I slept or lay on the couch watching tv. He tought our sunbeams all by himself (which is no small feat) last Sunday when I was too sick to go. And he did innumerable other small things for me that made me feel loved and not completely useless as I did feel. Those of you who know me know that I almost never get sick and am quite unpleasent to be around, but Chris was completely patient with me, even through a minor breakdown. I already knew that I was the luckiest girl in the world to have Chris, and now I'm a little scared because I know that he could do a lot better. I love you Chris.

2 comments:

jerryw said...

James,
Chris is a gem, you better hang on to him.

Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Chris, you ARE a gem.