Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm Not Writing About Anything Inparticular

The other day I was writing to my brother on his mission. I realized that the letter was pretty short. I wanted to write more about what Chris and I were doing, but then it hit me, Chris and I don’t really do anything but go to hockey games or stay home and read and watch tv. Now don’t get me wrong, I love the way things are going for us. You might think that we would get on each others’ nerves since we really only have one room in our apartment and we spend almost every waking moment together from the time I get home from work, but we haven’t. However, this makes for some boring reading. What should I write to my brother? Chris says I should make stuff up, he’ll never know the difference anyway. Missionaries will believe anything like “sure I’m interested in your message”. (This is what Chris said during our conversation last night. It took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about. Missionaries, Message? Oh, Right.) I know that Chris was joking, but wouldn’t it be awful to write a bunch of lies to a missionary? That would be like telling a dirty joke to the bishop. It’s not going to get you excommunicated, but there may be some uncomfortable questions about your spiritual wellbeing. I suppose Jason, the missionary, will have to be content with my vague and somewhat abstract ramblings, much as the people who read this blog are.

No comments: