Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Few Games

The other night, Chris and I were invited to play some games with some friends. It was a really fun evening for a few reasons. 1) Getting to know better some great people. There were four couples there and having the chance to chat with everyone was fun even if I spend most of my time just laughing and listening and slipping in a comment when it had the least chance of being heard. 2) We watched the premier of the show American Gladiator. The show is a remake of a show that was on ages ago and they have now brought back in high style. I don’t know how many people watched it when it was on years and years ago, but in the small group we were with on Sunday, the majority had seen it and liked it and one person who was there amazed us with his American Gladiator savvy as he recalled the most famous of contestants, “Two Scoops”. Actually, the show is really entertaining, more funny than anything. We laughed most of the way through it. And it’s always more fun to laugh about something with a group. 3) There were some really good treats. I don’t make many treats anymore because I usually only eat them when they’re fresh from the oven and Chris has to eat the rest. I stopped making them too often so that Chris doesn’t gain 500 pounds. This was a fun chance to catch up on some good dessert. 4) We played some fun card games. My side of the family has always played cards as a family activity, as you can tell from the picture in Jeaneah’s blog post. I miss playing cards with them. As it’s not as much fun playing with just two people, Chris and I don’t usually play so this was like being home. Thanks Hopkins’!

2 comments:

Erica said...

It was so much fun to be with you guys!! I will have to email you a picture for this blog post! I got some good ones!

James said...

That would be great!