Friday, April 3, 2009

Will Work For...


I am a firm believer in the saying, “work to live, not live to work”. I would never have believed that there would be aspects of my job that would make me more happy to be at work than to be sitting on my couch reading a good book. Last week, though, something happened that opened my eyes to the possibility that, no work is not always fun and there are definitely things that I would rather be doing, but there are times when there’s nowhere I’d rather been than at my job. That something was getting free chocolate! I was sitting at my desk when my coworker came in and told me that our bookstore was trying to give away some Godiva Chocolate! They had overstocked during the holidays and now they wanted to get it out of the store to make room for other things. So the other girl in the office and I took off to the book store to behold that miracle of free chocolate. There were two huge boxes filled with hot chocolate, chocolate covered raspberries and strawberries, truffles, chocolate drops, fancy gold wrapped chocolate boxes, chocolate domes, chocolate biscuits, and many other delectables that make the mouth water. The bookstore manager told us to take as much as we could carry because if they were not able to get rid of it, they would be throwing it away! I couldn’t bring myself to think of the monumental waste that would be, so I grabbed a bag and filled it to overflowing and hightailed it out of there before they changed their minds. So, for the last week or so, I have been sitting at my desk at work, snacking on some of the best chocolate ever, thanking my lucky stars that I have job that I enjoy going to.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

I'm not gonna lie...those chocolates look pretty tasty!